New License Fees
- When applying for a new license, there is both a $100 Application Fee and a $100 License Fee.
- If you have held licensure in any oher state, there is a $15 License Verification Fee per state.
Renewing or Reinstating License Fees
- The cost to renew your license is $100. The license year follows the State of Kansas fiscal year (July 1st to June 30th).
- After June 30th, there is a 30 day grace period whereby the licensee is in delinquent status but licensure may be renewed. However, the licensee will be assessed a $200 License Late Renewal Fee.
- After the 30 day grace period has elapsed, License Reinstatement must occur and the licensee will be assessed a $300 fee.
- The above items all refer to renewing licensure in "Active" status. However, if a licensee would like to renew their license in "Inactive" status, the charge is $25. If the licensee chooses to convert from "Inactive" to "Active" status, the charge is $100.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have have graduated from an accredited high school or equivalent. The applicant must have a supervisor (AKA sponsor), pursuant to requirements outlined in K.S.A. 74-5812, pay specified fees ($100 application fee and $100 temporary license fee), and complete the temporary license application.
Pursuant to K.S.A. 74-5814, the board may issue a license to a person who is currently licensed to practice fitting and dispensing of hearing instruments in another jurisdiction if there is both continuous licensure to during the 5 years immediately preceding the application and the absence of disciplinary actions of a serious nature brought by a licensing board or agency of another jurisdiction.
Generally, no. According to K.S.A. 74-8514, those that have obtained a doctoral degree in audiology (from an accredited university) AND are licensed in Kansas as an audiologist are exempt from taking the state written and practical exams.
10 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are required for annual license renewal. The CEUs must be obtained from July 1st to June 30th, annually. All 10 CEUs may be obtained online for the 2022-2023 renewal period (July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023). However, the board has voted to revert back to pre-COVID requirements for the July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024 renewal period. That means that 7 CEUs may be obtained online but 3 CEUs must be obtained in-person!
Click the "Verify License" link in the upper right of the website. Enter the licensee's last name and click the "search" button.
Click the ONLINE PAYMENTS link in the upper right corner of the website. This will redirect you to NIC where you can make payments online. This is now setup where I will be automatically notified when as payment is made. Please do NOT send a check. All payments should be made online.
Thursday. October 19, 2023 and Wednesday, April 17, 2024
The next board meeting will be held on Thursday, Oct, 19th 2023 at 1:00 p.m. on Microsoft TEAMS. Please email Mark Shaver firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding this meeting.